The State Administration and Veterans' Affairs Interim Committee (SAVA) is conducting its final meeting of the interim Oct. 29. The meeting is dedicated to SAVA's statutory oversight duties and will include a review a legislative audit on election security and a deep dive into public employee pension plans.
The election security briefing will cover audit recommendations that:
- the legislature be more specific in state statute when outlining election security requirements;
- the Secretary of State's Office be more specific in rules and guidance for county election administrators; and
- county election risk assessments be mandatory.
Pension oversight agenda items will cover
- the most recent actuarial valuations of each pension plan;
- retirement board benefit and funding policies;
- pension fund investments;
- legislative history regarding pension benefits and funding; and
- stress testing and the key indicators of fiscal health.
The committee will also review the bill proposals from the Public Employees' Retirement Board and the Teachers Retirement Board.
The meeting will start at 8 a.m. and be conducted as a hybrid in-person and Zoom conference meeting in room 317 of the Capitol in Helena.
The full agenda and available materials have been posted to the committee's meeting information web page.
Any member of the public wishing to offer live public comment by Zoom at any of the public comment times scheduled on the agenda may contact committee staff at email@example.com or 406-444-3596 to request the Zoom link information. Requests for Zoom participation should be made by 12 noon on Oct. 28.
Written public comment is also welcomed. To provide written testimony, please email your testimony to staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meeting will be live streamed via a link on www.leg.mt.gov and broadcast on the Montana Public Affairs Network (MPAN).
For more information, please visit the committee's website or contact committee staff.
Committee website: https://leg.mt.gov/committees/interim/2019sava/
Committee staff: Sheri Scurr, email@example.com or 406-444-3596