The Legislative Media Orientation for press representatives covering the 2021 Montana Legislature will be a Zoom Meeting held on December 15, 2020 at 1pm and streamed via the Legislative Webpage www.leg.mt.gov The Orientation will be live streaming from 1:00 to 2:00pm and a recording will be archived on that page for later viewing.
As with all things this year, due to COVID-19, the training and registration process for press badges has changed and may continue to evolve as session progresses. All session information, any changes, or updates will be noticed and posted on the Legislative webpage leg.mt.gov
The orientation will cover:
- Media Credentialing process for the 2021 session and how to obtain House and Senate Floor access badges.
- Speakers representing House and Senate leadership and the Sergeant At Arms offices.
- Best ways to contact legislators.
- Media Resources from the Legislative Services Division.
- Information on the audio feed locations in the chambers and committee rooms.
- How to use the legislature’s online resources such as Bill Tracking and Live Streaming.
- Emergency procedures, security, and safety issues.
Media registration forms are available online at www.leg.mt.gov. Click on “Media Coverage Guidelines and Credentialing Forms.” To be approved for credentials, press representatives must read the “Covering the Legislature” guide to decorum, email the media registration form, a scan or photocopy of valid ID, a letter of introduction on official letterhead from the sponsoring news outlet, and a color photo for the badge. Full instructions for photo sizing and background requirements are on the webpage.
If you are a media respresentative and want to participate in the Legislative Media Orientation Zoom meeting, please contact Angie Carter at ACarter@mt.gov for the zoom link.