The meeting date for the State Administration and Veterans' Affairs Interim Committee (SAVA) has been changed to March 6. The meeting was previously scheduled for March 22.
According to the preliminary agenda for this one-day meeting, the meeting will start at 8 a.m. in Room 102 of the Capitol.
The morning will be devoted to voting technologies for disabled electors. Several invited expert speakers will present on:
- federal and state laws concerning voting rights for disabled electors;
- the range of voting technologies available;
- systems used in other states and other state study recommendations;
- Montana's current use of the AutoMark for disabled electors, county-by-county, and whether the new ExpressVote machine is a feasible replacement option;
- Montana's current laws and process for certifying voting systems; and
- legislative options.
The afternoon agenda will feature invited guest speakers on public employee pension plans. Presentations will cover:
- pension legislation in other states;
- best practice recommendations; and
- how Montana's pension plans compare.
The meeting will be open to the public, may be broadcast live, and will be audio and video recorded. Public comment is welcomed as scheduled on the agenda.
For additional information, contact Sheri Scurr, committee staff, at (406) 444-3596 or email@example.com. Meeting materials will be posted to the committee's website at www.leg.mt.gov/sava as they become available.