HELENA, MT – Incoming Secretary of State Corey Stapleton today announced executive appointments for his office.
“I’m thrilled to have a dynamic, capable team coming with me to the Secretary of State’s office,” stated Stapleton. “Together, we look forward to serving the people and our state.”
• Christi Jacobsen will serve as Chief of Staff for Stapleton. Jacobsen brings more than 15 years of government experience to Stapleton’s office. Jacobsen was most recently serving as the Central Services Division Administrator for the Department of Justice. Prior to working for the DOJ, Jacobsen served as the Central Services Administrator for the State Auditor’s office. Jacobsen has a Masters in Public Administration from the University of Montana. She and her husband are Helena natives and have five kids.
Additional members of Stapleton’s team include:
- Stephanie Hess, Chief Policy Advisor
Hess served as a representative to for HD 28. Stephanie also served as the Elections Specialist to the Secretary of State’s Office from 2007-2009. Stephanie is a graduate of Olivet Nazarene University
- Derek Oestreicher, Elections Director
Oestreicher holds a law degree from the University of Montana School of Law. Derek previously was with Davis, Hatley, Haffeman & Tighe, P.C., a civil litigation firm in Great Falls.
- Susan Ames, Office Manager
Ames returning to the Secretary of State’s office after having served as Executive Assistant to former SOS Brad Johnson. Ames brings 20 years of experience working for elected officials including, former Lt. Governor Denny Rehberg, Governor Marc Racicot, Governor Judy Martz.
- Harlan Wells, Business Services Director.
Wells comes to the office from the Missoula Housing Authority, where he served as the Development Coordinator. Wells was also elected to the Missoula City Council in November of 2015, and is a graduate of the University of Montana.
- Morgan Darlington, Communications Director
Darlington is a Montana native and graduate of Montana State University. She has spent time working for both the United States House and United States Senate for Senator Steve Daines.
- Julie Lake, Human Resource Director
Lake, a graduate of Montana State University, comes to Stapleton’s office after having served as the Human Resource Generalist for the Montana Department of Justice.
- Will Selph, Project Manager
Selph began his career working for the office of Congressman Denny Rehberg, and was part of the recent effort to help re-elect Congressman Ryan Zinke. Selph is a graduate of the University of Montana.
- Jeff Hindoien, Chief Legal Counsel.
Hindoien’s private practice career has been focused on providing counsel and representation to Montana school districts in all aspects of public school and governmental operations. Hindoien is a Great Falls native and a graduate of both MSU-Bozeman and the University of Wyoming College of Law.