Governor Steve Bullock today announced the following appointments.
Board of Crime Control
- Laurie Barron, Whitefish. Qualification: Educator Representative. Barron is the Superintendent of Evergreen School District.
- Brenda Desmond, Missoula. Qualification: Judiciary Representative. Desmond is the Standing Master for the Fourth Judicial District, and serves part-time as a Chief Justice for the Fort Peck Tribal Court of Appeals.
- Richard Kirn, Poplar. Qualification: Tribal Government Representative. Kirn is the Owner Operator of Kirn Surveys, Kirn Farms, and is a member of the Fort Peck Tribal Executive Board.
- Roxanne Ross, Helena. Qualification: Public Representative. Ross is an Intelligence Analyst for the Montana Department of Justice and is the Owner and Training Specialist for Noble Anchor Training and Consulting, LLC.
- Angela Russell, Lodge Grass. Qualification: Public Representative. Russell is an Attorney in Lodge Grass.
Montana Invasive Species Advisory Council
- Mark Aagenes, Missoula. Qualification: Conservation Organization Representative. Aagenes is the Conservation Director for Montana Trout Unlimited.
- Chas Cartwright, Columbia Falls. Qualification: Natural Resource Group. Cartwright is retired as the Superintendent of Glacier National Park and now serves on the Flathead Basin Commission.
- Bryce Christiaens, Missoula. Qualification: County Weed District Representative. Christiaens is the Weed District Manager for the Missoula County Weed District.
- Virgil Dupuis, Pablo. Qualification: Tribal Government Representative. Dupuis is the Extension Director of Salish Kootenai College.
- Steve Hertel, Moore. Qualification: Private Land Owner. Hertel is a farmer and rancher and currently serves on the Fergus County Conservation District and volunteers for the Moore Rural Fire District as a firefighter and AEMT.
- Mike Reller, Helena. Qualification: Hydropower Utility. Reller is the Constituent Account Executive for Bonneville Power Administration.
- Steve Tyrrel, Billings. Qualification: Private Industry. Tyrrel is the Founder, Vice President and CEO of Integrated Ag Services, Inc.
- Steve Wanderaas, Vida. Qualification: Montana Conservation District Representative. Wanderaas is on the McCone County Conservation District and has worked in farming and agriculture his entire life.
Board of Livestock
- Nina Baucus, Wolf Creek. Qualification: Cattle Producer. Baucus is a rancher from Lewis and Clark County, involved in all aspects of the ranch, from bookkeeping, calving, lambing and marketing.
Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education
- Pat Williams, Missoula. Qualification: Professional Occupation. Williams is Senior Advisor for williamsworks, a former Congressman for Montana and has served as a Senior Fellow and Regional Policy associate at the Center for the Rocky Mountain West for the University of Montana.