The State Administration and Veterans' Affairs Interim Committee has a full agenda for its upcoming meeting on April 19. The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. in Room 102 of the Capitol.
The main focus of the meeting is the House Joint Resolution 21 study of personal information ownership. The committee will be examining whether and how to provide in state law for more control over how personal information is collected, used, and shared on the internet. The committee will be examining:the nuances of website privacy policies and opt-out or opt-in processes;
- federal and state standards governing health information;
- insurance and financial information and tightening security breach notification laws; and
- exemptions from state information management standards and guidelines.
Other topics on the agenda include informational briefings on the following:
- State employee pension plans - cash flow information.
- Montana National Guard positions that may be converted to federal positions.
- Veteran courts and veteran suicide rates.
- Campaign finance litigation.
Please visit the committee's website for a complete agenda and meeting materials, or contact Sheri Scurr, at 444-3596 or email@example.com if you have questions.