November 28, 2016
Contact: K’Lynn Sloan Harris, Legislative Communications Office, 406-444-3267
Montana Legislative Services Division
Legislative Media Orientation - December 9
Reporters take note: the Legislative Media Orientation for press representatives covering the 2017 Montana Legislature is Friday, December 9th.
The Orientation begins at 10:00 AM in room 172 of the State Capitol in Helena. The orientation covers:
- Media Credentialing for the 2017 session. Obtain House and Senate Floor access passes.
- Speakers representing House and Senate leadership, including Sergeant At Arms offices to review chamber policies and procedures.
- How to contact legislators.
- Media Resources from the Legislative Communications Office.
- Tours of audio feed locations in the chambers and committee rooms.
- How to use the legislature’s online resources such as Bill Tracking and Live Streaming.
- Emergency procedures in the Capitol and security and safety issues.
House, Senate, and Communications Staff will be available to answer questions.
Media registration forms are available online at www.leg.mt.gov. Click on “Session” and “2017 Session” and “Media Coverage Guidelines and Credentialing Forms.” To be approved for credentials, press representatives must read the “Covering the Legislature” guide at the above website, present the media registration form in person and include a letter of introduction on official letterhead from the sponsoring news outlet. Full instructions are on the Media Registration Form on the Montana Legislature website.
New and veteran members of the press are invited to attend. Please share this information with media colleagues who may be interested in attending.
For more information, contact K’Lynn Sloan Harris, Audio Video Coordinator, at 406-444-3267, or firstname.lastname@example.org.